Tongan Flag

Tongan Flag

Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 2016

Friday, August 26, 2016


So my P-day is on Friday and they didn’t let us email on the first day. So hopefully you didn’t worry too much. I’ve begun to learn a little bit of Tongan, but it’s hard to know how much when the instructor only speaks Tongan to you. Our teacher keeps telling us Te Ke Lava, which means that you can do it. I also teach my first lesson today in the language of Tongan, so that will be interesting. It also seems like it would be amusing to watch though. The MTC seems a little long but the Spirit here is so strong. I also know that you love me and are proud of me and I’m grateful that you have raised me in the church. My companion is pretty cool but I haven’t seen how cool yet. His name is Elder Grant and he is from Utah. I’m excited to leave for Tonga but I still have about 5 1/2 weeks left at the MTC.
 
What are you doing now that all the boys are out of the house? Is it a lot more quiet around the house? I feel like I’m ready to leave for Tonga even though I don’t know the language very much. Tell me how things are going?
 
'Ofa (love),
Elder Bethke

At the Provo Temple with the Fam.


My companion, Elder Grant.



Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Dad and Jimmy flew out to Utah with Max to take him to the Provo Missionary Training Center. Here are a few of their last moments together before Max officially started his mission.





 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Time flies by! How wonderful to see Max is on his mission! What a great family that we miss very much!

    ReplyDelete